Smallest it can get

scorpio93

Whats the smallest a screen can get before text in-game in unreadable? Like i was thinking how OoT would look on a 2.5" screen, but then thought the you wouldn't be able to read any of the text.

It all depends on the resolution. You can read text on a 2.5" screen if it's still 640:480. Pixel density is your friend. But, what's the point of a 2.5" screen on an N64p? you have more space to fill anyway.

Text is incredibly difficult to read on a 2.5" screen.

The 3.5" is legible but small text is a bit difficult.

@Beta.... It would be incredibly difficult to find a "true" 640x480 2.5" screen for a decent price.

βeta said:
The screen is hardly the limiting factor in size.

:lol:

Unfortunately, the screen is the least of your worries when making a small portable. Umm, lemme think:

- battery
- mobo
- controller
- heatsinks
- cartridge slot/disk drive

I suppose you could experiment with the currently available size of OLED screens, but you would have to have a flaxload of money and no what your were doing.

Tchay said:
βeta said:
The screen is hardly the limiting factor in size.

:lol:

Unfortunately, the screen is the least of your worries when making a small portable. Umm, lemme think:

- battery
- mobo
- controller
- heatsinks
- cartridge slot/disk drive

I suppose you could experiment with the currently available size of OLED screens, but you would have to have a flux of money and no what your were doing.
Your acting as though i hadn't already thought of these "issues".

Battery-Check
Mobo-Check
Conroller-Check
Heatsinks-thought you didn't need any if you use that TI regulator (uncheck?)
cartridge slot-this would be the limiting factor on how small it could get, but also check.
I've thought of all these and have found solutions, i'll work on a N64p this advanced after I've honed my skills at making basic N64p's.

βeta said:
What is your solution for a 2.5" mobo? :lol:
Yo crazzzzzzzy. Smallest I could get it is the size of a N64 cartridge, which is around the current smallest size that everyone knows...

:ninj: 2.5" mobo hmmmmmmm.... :ninj:

bah, I could pull it off if somebody would rcp wire a n64 for me.
trimming stuff is fun anyways. (better than sanding through epoxy) *shudders*

Pssh, this is all child's play. Check out my new Wii/GCN/N64/NES/SNES/XBOX360/PS3/PS2/DSp:

161460-2GB_finger_02_350.jpg

That's right.

Back