sega treamcast

themadhacker

Crazy Train
I had known about this clone for a long time now, but I knew very little about it. So the other day on youtube, I found a video review on one. The thing I wanted to point out was the LCD screen. the button placing and screen size shows that it is obviously a psone screen. So My guess is that it is an actual DC with a new case and a psone screen built in.

Watch the video to see what I mean.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BtdoWZC ... re=related

It's not just a Dreamcast Casemod.
It seems that way, but it is actually a DC-OAC.

It's a clone.
It doesnt have perfect compatability, and basically it is crap.

Don't get it.

AfroLH said:
It's not just a Dreamcast Casemod.
It seems that way, but it is actually a DC-OAC.

It's a clone.
It doesnt have perfect compatability, and basically it is crap.

Don't get it.

No it is an original Dreamcast with a mod-chip for booting imports and an external Psu.

It has been opened and inspected by many sites to verify this.

Also there were three different models. The first one had a terrible screen, the second one had a widescreen which stretched everything, and the third one (Se model) has the best screen. The SE model has the screen running in Vga mode with an internal vga box, that is why some games won't run on it.

The reason the rumor was perpetuated that it was a clone is because Sega tried to shut them down for copyright infringement. But what they had done was use the original hardware and then changed things a bit for their own unique purpose.

And actually the newest model the SE is said to be pretty good yet to expensive.

Ah, That makes sense.

My friend bought one and it wouldn't work with some games, that's why I assumed it was a clone.

But it broke after like 5 days of him playing it.

@tmh: Nope.

Back