Sega Genesis not working...

Even if the cartridge is dirty, at least a black screen will show up. I've cleaned all three of my games and nothing's working. I should be getting that composite cable by tomorrow, so I'll be able to update on my progress.

Well, different genesises (genesi?) do it differently - my Nomad, and my Model 1 both don't even put out a black screen until the game launches.

On one of my nomads that I sold a few years ago I did an LED mod, not difficult at all. Batteries lasted an extra 1-2 hours after that.

Hmm, are you sure you tried channel 3/4? did you set the system to that channel? I first thought my Atari was broken, but it turns out i needed to switch it to the channel 3 setting. :facepalm:

Taiben said:
Bibin did you take the backlight transformer out when you did the mod? Or just the lite tube?
If I were you I would take out the transformer too so that it doesn't use it's powers still. Like on a psone LED mod, you desolder the transformer to save power.

Composite cables should come tomorrow, expect another update! Even if the console doesn't work, I still have the composite cables and the games :D

Hey guys, I got my Genesis to work using the composite cables I bought. Thanks for your help!

J.D said:
Hey guys, I got my Genesis to work using the composite cables I bought. Thanks for your help!

Sweet! I feel sorta sorry for the guy who sold it to you thinking it was broken, though.

Basement_Modder said:
J.D said:

Sweet! I feel sorta sorry for the guy who sold it to you thinking it was broken, though.
Why, those are the best deals! :D

Actually, I bought the cable off of Amazon, but it's the same product shown on Ebay.

Back