Regarding the phat DS speakers, wi-fi and single-screening

Hello, this is my first post here
I'd seen a lot about people converting their DS into a Gameboy device so I thought it'd be a cool idea.
I like the original DS better than the DS Lite, which most people were using, so I ordered one and took it apart. Unfortunately most of the information on the phat DS is less than for the DS lite. This post is mainly about the audio for the DS as well as it's wi-fi antenna. Pictured here for reference.
b1e0N9P.jpg

Can the black and red wires be cut and stripped and attached to one of the speakers? Or should I remove those entirely and solder them to the speaker points on the main card?
I don't know how useful the Wi-Fi will be on a singled DS but I'd like to keep it in if I can just cut down the board a bit and plug it back in

Lastly in regards to the LED mod, does it have to be an LED? I have limited knowledge of electronics so I don't know if using an LED to bridge the contacts required is the simplest or most effective way to single screen the DS.

If anyone could offer any help on this I would be grateful, if not I am getting another phat DS soon so I may just have to live and learn. After being totally disassembled and the primary screen removed it will still momentarily power on and power off so I assume that at least for now it still works.

Back