PS3 liquid cooling- Where do you get it?

DefectX11

I'm just curious, and maybe thinking of a future project- I've seen it in some places, and seen in used in some other portables, but just where would one buy something like that?
I'm sure the PS3 does not use a standard heatsink mount so using a PC one *could* be out of the question.

I have done some research, but all the ones I've seen are discontinued.

Thanks.

I've never seen that page, but it's now bookmarked. I love it.

But on topic, I'm not sure how to mount that. I'd have to look into finding a socket (be it GPU or CPU) that was mounts similar to the PS3.

Thanks for the idea.

Looking at some pictures of PS3 motherboards, it looks like you could mount them the same way Ben mounted his (which is the same way most GPU setups are mounted). The holes on the two corners of the chips are what you would use to mount them. Check out the pictures and diagrams links on that waterblock's page. It comes with 2 mounting brackets. So just measure the distance between the center of the two holes and check the diagrams to see if the included brackets will work.

This block is pretty much the same, but with the nozzles on top.

I'll check up on that. I'm looking into making a good guide for PS3 laptops because that is probably all I will do.
My first one (which is 90% done) is air cooled, but I'm looking to make a really slim one- so I'd use a water block with the in/out in the sides.

Back