PS3 Controller Left Stick "Sticks"

Freak

I've got a PS3 controller that's left analog stick sticks. When not touching it it sticks up to the left a little bit, causing your character on screen to move up slowly. Is there anyway to fix this, as I want to use this controller for a project. I'll post a video if my problem is still not clear. Thanks!

Freak said:
I've got a PS3 controller that's left analog stick sticks. When not touching it it sticks up to the left a little bit, causing your character on screen to move up slowly. Is there anyway to fix this, as I want to use this controller for a project. I'll post a video if my problem is still not clear. Thanks!
does it physically stick, or does it just act as if it were in that position?

i've had no issues, I never play for hours on end and I've never opened it up. Worse yet, this is a SLIM model, so it should be less prone to issues like this. (or so I thought)

Any suggestions before I try a different game/open it up?

--EDIT--

More testing done- and this is going downhill fast.
Tried with a new game. Now, the system doesn't appear to output video. My TV detects a signal over HDMI, and I can even have the system respond! I've tried pressing and hold PS button, press x twice (turns off the system) and even hold PS, down, x, x, (controller off).

--Another edit--

opened, cleaned and thermal paste applied. No dice.

What does this sound like, if anyone knows? I may open it up and re-

Back