PolyCase ML Series

If I were to go through the trouble of making a waterproof portable, it would be in something prettier than that...

That said... this with a gamecube, wiikey, a few wireless controllers, a high powered induction mat, and a rf video transmitter could make for a pretty awesome gamecube in a fish tank...*tries to figure out cooling*

For cooling, you could expose the heat sink in the water, like a nuclear reactor.

Yeah, the exterior is waterproof, but when you frankencase it to make it into a portable you make it vulnerable to water. That is, unless you were to cut out all of the holes, then RTV/Mount the screen/etc, and then make custom rubber plugs for everything, such as the power jack, the headphone jack, and others.

♪ Gamecube, in the bathtub! ♪
♪ Gamecube, in the bathtub! ♪
♪ Playin' Double Dash, ♪
♪ gettin' myself clean, ♪
♪ Water leaking in the screen! ♪
OH SHI-

Hermaphroditus said:
Yeah, the exterior is waterproof, but when you frankencase it to make it into a portable you make it vulnerable to water. That is, unless you were to cut out all of the holes, then RTV/Mount the screen/etc, and then make custom rubber plugs for everything, such as the power jack, the headphone jack, and others.

Not to mention power and headphone jacks that won't short out underwater in the first place...

I'm fairly confident that I could make a waterproof portable if I had the time, money, or drive to do so. I deal with assembling ruggedized/water/steam proof things all day. So many o-rings.

odininon said:
I would love to see a portable that i could take SCUBA diving.

I'd totally take a portable with me Scuba diving, just to prove that I could.

Back