Pinout's for 3-party controller?

master801

So I have this controller that I bought for my gamecube portable project, and anyway I was opening it and it had completely different colors than in the stock gamecube controller's. And I decided that these pinouts I made were not the correct ones but I should use them anyway. I want to make sure that they are the correct pin-out's because I do not what my gamecube or $10 controller to break again. I figured out the pinouts by taking the first letter or number on the wire to gamecube port and basicly guessed on all of them. I do not have a multimeter so I cannot test these connections.

Sounds like you're trying to figure out the pinouts of the controller to GC wires, correct? Either bust open the connector on the end that plugs into the console and match up the color of the wires (you should be able to see the wires soldered to the connector) or get a multimeter and do it that way (a multimeter is extremely helpful and you should get one anyway).

I've always taken a knife or dremmel, and cut along the molding lines.

Meh. I still don't have one... I'm doing just fine... Maybe next month...

It's just my opinion, i know i couldn't go through life without one, with all the miswiring i do

Back