Painting discussion

kogumelow

I have seen some really amazing paint jobs in retro consoles and got interested by it. I have been doing a lot of searching about it and experimented a lot, having a great fun and learning tons with it.

I have found lots of information about it and some of them are divergent, so I though created this topic for people who like this theme and are interested may share information, guides etc... because some things may be very hard to experiment to see what turns out best.

Right now I have some divergent info about sanding between coats, if it is necessary or optinal, or if you only should do this if the is any imperfection on the painting, etc..

And a thing that I am VERY curious about is those paint job that have complex drawings, those are, airbrushed, made with stencils, vinil stickers, paint mask, or what? How do they made to get drawing so perfectly paint-jobs with such good aspect, or which is best method?

So if anyone got any info on that, or any other technique or paint related info, that may be new or reall interesting, share with us please.

Back