Office chair go-kart worklog.

zharrhen

Hello people.

I was mowing the lawn the other day, and I saw my dad discarding a broken office chair. I asked if I could attach it to our lawn mower and make my life easier (we have a large lawn) and he said that I should just make a go kart if that is what I want. That game me an idea.

I'm going to look on craigslist for broken lawnmowers or working engines for the engine, I'm going to build the frame out of wood, because I don't know how to wield and it would take forever with solder :rolleyes:, It will be painted Purple, and the seat will be the office chair.

Since I already have the parts for the chassis and seat, I don't need to spend nearly as much money on this thing as I would normally. I still need money for some parts though. On a related note, does anyone want to buy a screen and battery bundle? http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10318

UPDATE: Got a free engine. It works and it can go up to 30 mph (48.2 kph) without anything on it. I'm guessing that it will be able to go around 15 mph (24.1 kph) with everything (including me) on it.

I have no pictures because the engine is elsewhere right now, and I'm too lazy to grab a camera and take a picture of the chair.

Back