NES controller on Gamecube/Wii Kinda Wireless

Hifeno

This took me about 3 days to do. Ran into some minor issues with extension cables.

Here it is:
PICT1119.JPG

The titles says wireless. Well it is sorta.
I took a wireless microcon Gamecube controller that had broken analog sticks and put it in a project box with a ps1 female plug wired to D-pad and A,B,Start,Select. Moved power switch. Works great with all VC NES games.

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKnsib0IBIs
I know video is dark. I'm sorry my camera light does not work.

Let me know what you think.

Do you think there is any chance you would be able to fit the microcon motherboard into the NES controller shell? That would make it even more badass. :awesome:

I thought of that. I would have to cut the board down a lot and I am not very good at cutting boards down yet. But yes it is possible because the board is not really that big. Also the batteries pose a little problem.

Hifeno said:
I thought of that. I would have to cut the board down a lot and I am not very good at cutting boards down yet. But yes it is possible because the board is not really that big. Also the batteries pose a little problem.
Well, you could always just use a Max/ Advantage, or just thicken the NES controller...

This is pretty cool. I would probably attempt something similar with a SNES controller if my room wasn't so small that wireless controllers aren't really necessary for me :hit:

Back