Need help with Presario F500 Laptop

snowpenguin

Frequent Poster
So, hailrazer gave this to me, thanks hail.

He said it had overheating problems where it would just randomly overheat and shut down.

Today, I got it, and when you try to start it up, it'll start, but it will randomly turn itself off and then turn on almost right away again, and it will keep doing that.

The screen never shows anything.

Ideas?

snowpenguin said:
Today, I got it, and when you try to start it up, it'll start, but it will randomly turn itself off and then turn on almost right away again, and it will keep doing that.

The screen never shows anything.

Does it have a heatsink? Does the fan work? Have you tried opening it up and reflowing the GPU?

The fan seems to be intermittnet, goes on some times but not others.

I'll have a closer look at everything in a few hours, have yet to take the metal shielding off the mobo.

Palmer told me replace the processor thermal paste, I did, now when I plug the battery or power adapter in the power button light comes on and the power button does nothing. WTF.

Well, what I told you to do could not have broken it more. What is the logical conclusion? You also did something else on accident in addition to what I said. ::3:

I've got an old laptop that randomly shuts down within about 1 min of booting. ::3: Maybe same problem?

Meh, probly not, this one doesn't just randomly shut down, and it doesn't take that long. It restarts itself randomly and nothing ever shows up on the screen.

Bibin suggests I reflow everything.

Back