Need Help with GC video 0.9

sl33pydog

So I tried making a gc video the other day and managed to make two. I have a HW-USBN-2B to program and very little knowledge to program with. After getting everything soldered and connected to all of the pins on the motherboard I flashed the firmware with the .jed file. It said it was successful. However connected to the screen (http://www.good-display.com/products_detail/&productId=128.html) it was black, but it was sensing video since I no longer had the sync image error on the screen. It looked like it worked but like I said, no video. I've tested this board with composite video and I know it works.

I made the other board with the exact parts that was listed on the board, pdf, etc. Same problem.

For the digital pins they are 1:1 like what was mentioned. Pin 1 goes to the square pad on the gcvideo and then so on till the end.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how do I fix it.

So I tried making a gc video the other day and managed to make two. I have a HW-USBN-2B to program and very little knowledge to program with. After getting everything soldered and connected to all of the pins on the motherboard I flashed the firmware with the .jed file. It said it was successful. However connected to the screen (http://www.good-display.com/products_detail/&productId=128.html) it was black, but it was sensing video since I no longer had the sync image error on the screen. It looked like it worked but like I said, no video. I've tested this board with composite video and I know it works.

I made the other board with the exact parts that was listed on the board, pdf, etc. Same problem.

For the digital pins they are 1:1 like what was mentioned. Pin 1 goes to the square pad on the gcvideo and then so on till the end.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how do I fix it.
Have you checked the continuity of your soldering with a multimeter to make sure there are no shorts?

I'll be populating a new board but hand solder all the points. 1st one I tried drag solder, and the second I tried solder paste and a heat gun.

thanks I wasn't aware there were any other boards out there other than the one badassconsoles is working on. It is the same thing yeah just a clone of the component chip.
yah you just have to solder and program it yourself. Not too easy for me. If you're on the fence I would wait for the badass board.

Back