Need an opinion on buttons.

hailrazer

Frequent Poster
So I am in the middle of a portable and the buttons are bothering me.

I can't integrate the controller by cutting the controller case and cementing it into the portable case. It just won't work.

So I have to just drill out holes and put the buttons in with tact switches underneath.

The thing is I can put in tact switches with colored buttons. I need 4 buttons and I have the tact switches with yellow, red, dark blue, light blue. Or I can try to put in the controller buttons which would look more stock but would be a pain in the butt because they aren't just round buttons. So it would take a lot of drilling and filing. Also the buttons are to long s I would have to cut them and then epoxy them to the tact switches.

So the question is go through the trouble for the factory look or use the 4 colored tact switch button which are MUCH easier.

I cut out the button holes by hand but for the life of me I can't figure out a good way to use tact switches. I have them on a breadboard and I just don't like the way it feels.

Oh well I'll keep tinkering with it.

You don't have the clicky tact switches, do you? Get the squishy ones, they're great.

Thanks got some on the way :)

Although for his project I think I'm going unconventional and using a different systems buttons. I just don't like the way the OEM ones look.

hailrazer said:
Thanks got some on the way :)

Although for his project I think I'm going unconventional and using a different systems buttons. I just don't like the way the OEM ones look.
Use some xbox ones, they'd look awesome for a gamecube!

Back