Need a little advice

Gtsmash

Newb
Hey guys I need a little help on a mod I'm planning to do on my GC.
I plan to use the 5V mod so I wont need to have a 12V input but the thing that I am a little confused about is the screen I've been looking at.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5-TFT-LCD-C ... 4897.l4276
It states on the description of the screen that it uses a 12V DC power supply (all the other screens I have found also uses this), does this mean that I will have to buy a 12V or higher battery to power it? Or will I be able to get away with a 7.4V battery? Just thought I'd ask before I purchase any items.

Oh and one more thing, due to the fact that it costs a fortune to ship products from BatterySpace to the UK (almost around $60) and that its super hard to find a decent battery site/ shop over here. Would 2 of these batteries be sufficient to run a gamecube and a screen?
http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acatalog ... .html#a137
Sorry for the noobish questions but I've been reading round the forums for a while and I've gotten myself confused.

A 7.4V battery should be just fine for that screen. As for the battery, it should run a portable gamecube, but you are going to need a lot of space. There are 8 cells in one pack and you want to use two, so I would try and go for a Lithium/Lipo battery pack.

Spiicyice said:
I would try and go for a Lithium/Lipo battery pack.
I spent all night looking for a site that sells Lithium battery packs that delivers cheap to the uk but had no luck. Also I found an old 9.6V Ni-Cd charger in my garage which I can hopefully use with the batteries I linked to first.
I forgot to mention this in my first post but does anyone know anywhere in the UK where I can get a WASP 3 or a WiiKey Fusion? I've looked around and the only site I could find that was selling them has the price super high.

NiCd? No. 750mAh? No.

Go for at least NiMH and 3000mAh if you want it to be worth doing.

I've spent the day looking around the internet and doing some research on what I'm planning to do and I managed to find a small number of UK battery suppliers, Granted most of them only sell custom made batteries but I messaged them for a few quotes on different sized Lithium Ion batteries and now I'm just waiting for the responses. Thanks on the advice so far its really appreciated. Still cant find a Wiikey fusion though :wtf:

Back