N64 Infinity

predue

Hey Guys, long time no see...

I made a present for my brother in law and wanted to share this project with you ;)
I hope you like it.
(His name is Jan (German) and his nickname is Dschäinös. Dunno how it sounds in english :D)

1io78ZA.jpg

9zVfG4Q.jpg

xVt0OLr.jpg

8BNX1wJ.jpg

fqC24J1.jpg

btQb1BL.jpg

gCWmTyt.jpg

nRVuPEh.jpg

After putting all together I noticed that I needed to solder a wire back to the cardridge connector... And then it happend. You can see a scratch in the paint at the upper side of the case :wtf:
The case wasn't perfect to begin with... But this was a really stupid mistake I made.
(My brother in law doesn't mind though ;) )

Here is a short video from the effect: (And no, the fan really isn't that loud!)
https://youtu.be/WH_nbIQyzwo

And finally the packaging
Hanscqf.jpg

I almost forgot about the controllers :D

itY7YxR.jpg

P6FZI1H.jpg

V0rvAyk.jpg

Have a nice sunday ;)

That mirror effect is so cool. How did you do it? Did you laser engrave a piece of glass then put a mirror behind it or what? I gotta know. I wanna make one of these

Looks really clean. Only thing that bugs me is the crooked game slot, but that hardly noticeable and only my ocd. What kind of paint did you use for the controller and the rim of the case? It looks pretty thick on the case.

Great gift idea. Might have to do something like this for christmas.

The problem with the paint is, that I have used a very cheap one... So I needed to apply more layers to the case. I will definitely learn from this. (And yes, the paint got so thick, that I needed to sand it down... Otherwise the games got stuck in the slot -.-)

Sry for my bad english... I didn't use it for a while now. :p

This is pretty neat. The infinity mirror video demonstration freaks me out though :p

Do you have any more information on the build? What the case is made out of, etc? do you have a fan in there or are all the vents just for aesthetics?

I made a little sort-of-worklog for you:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14649

I used the hobby-glass for its hardness and ability to be glued very well.
The place of the fan (the golden one) was somewhat less than perfect, so I installed a second one on the backside to blow the hot air out of the case. I let it run for a few hours and it worked out rather good.

Back