ModRetro Sig logos

grossaffe said:
how's this? Image

Looks awesome, I like.

Out of curiosity, what did you end up using? I tried a vertical perspective tilt in Paint Shop Pro, which resulted in a horribly pinched look, tried a 3d transform in Photoshop which caused horrible jagged edges, and further manipulation in Bryce which resulted in washed-out colors.

When I was doing the text manipulation I was using different layers - the text would come out either pinched at the top, or ended up too jagged. :(

I considered pulling down a text-generation program somewhere, but rubber-stamping text onto a graphic in Photoshop gets extremely tedious, and almost always looks shopped.

robm said:
grossaffe said:
how's this? Image

Looks awesome, I like.

Out of curiosity, what did you end up using? I tried a vertical perspective tilt in Paint Shop Pro, which resulted in a horribly pinched look, tried a 3d transform in Photoshop which caused horrible jagged edges, and further manipulation in Bryce which resulted in washed-out colors.
I used the Perspective feature in GIMP. I don't know how perspective works in Paint Shop and Photoshop, but with GIMP I was given four corners and place each corner where wanted. I just made the sides parallel to the sides of the chip.

bacteria said:
Perhaps used layers?

I did use layers, but that's just to keep the text separate from the chip.

Well you already decided I guess but here is my custom made one! :mrgreen:
I love nes and Mario!!!
blanknescartridgebyopan.jpg

. It nots done yet just a starting point. I perosally will use it any way.

That's fun and all, but the dimensions make it unfeasible for a banner. Perhaps an SNES cart would work better because it's longer than it is tall, but I think that's still pushing it.

Back