Modding my first CGB

duffduff0

I'm planning on doing the following to my gameboy color:

Custom paint job and buttons from kitsch-bent
Frontlight from an SP
An overclocking switch so I can play normal and double speed
Internal rechargeable battery
Some sort of audio improvement

I feel pretty confident about the first three, but I'm not sure what to do about the other two. I don't really want to use the battery from the SP because I'd like to be able to charge it without taking it out, and I don't know if it would be better to prosound the CGB speaker or to replace it with the SP speaker.

Does anyone have suggestions to what type of battery I should use and what I should do about the speaker?

I'd say go for a Li-On. You'll need stuff like a protection circuit and smart charger but you gte much better energy per cubic whatever you measure in

I guess I should have said I don't know anything about batteries. I don't know what voltage to get or what protection circuits and smart chargers are.

THIS. Specifically, you'll want a one cell Li-On/Li-Po battery and a protection circuit. That should bring you in at around 4v on a charge. Speaking of charging, you can either use a smart charger, but that would be expensive and bulky compared to one of THESE SUCKERS. Those things I linked you to are a special kind of charger for Li-Po batteries that run off usb power.

Back