Looking for a 7.4v 5000mah battery help

Gamerlolwind

Hay everyone
I have some trouble with batteryspace on getting a battery pack i want as they don't ship non UN approved batteries to Europe.

I found a UN approved 7.4v 5000mah but it has no PCB which is dangerous I don't feel safe with a non pcb battery pack.

Also how much playtime (hours) would this UN approved battery give me?

http://www.batteryspace.com/li-ion18650 ... ionic.aspx

If not 2 or 3 hours then where and what battery of 7.4v should I get?

Not from ebay, I assume?

Not that many. It only has 2600 mAh, and it looks pretty Dang big for that.
You can get a separate PCB and smart charger, connecting the PCB like this (credit to Hailraizer):

74vpcb1.jpg

ProgMetalMan said:
Not that many. It only has 2600 mAh, and it looks pretty Dang big for that.
You can get a separate PCB and smart charger, connecting the PCB like this (credit to Hailraizer):

74vpcb1.jpg

yeah, the 7.4v setup (7.4v charger/pcb 3.7v at 5000mah x2)

using these UN approved packs:

Polymer Li-Ion Cell: 3.7V 5000 mAh (896474-2C, 18.5Wh, 10A rate), UL listed/UN Approved (NDGR)

http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... isted.aspx

im thinking this may be the perfect battery solution for me, as these will defiantly ship to europe.

only, i can wires these together myself as i may mess it up and damage the batteries :(.

is it possible for someone to DIY this setup for me and then ship it to me?

or is that too dangerous for safety or for the battery's safety not to explode?

Are you pretty set on only using prismatic cells in your project or would you be willing to design around cylindrical cells as well?

The reason I ask is that the 18650 size Li-Ion battery has pretty much the highest power density of any reasonably sized cell on the market, with Panasonic making a cell that packs 3400 mAh into a package a little bit larger than a AA battery. These are 3.7 volt batteries, so you would need four of them in all to provide 6800mah at 7.4 volts, but

I use these cells in several custom packs I make for various devices, and if you wanted I could do this pack as well; but I would a while in lead time to get the specific protection circuits you would need.

Back