Juat got an Android phone, help me make it awesome.

J.D

No Stranger To Love
[*]I got a Motorola Atrix or whatever, downloading 2.3 right now. What can I do to make this thing more awesome?

ADW or LauncherPro; the choice is yours. If you want to do more:

Root your phone.

Install custom ROMs. I liked Cherry Pi a lot, and while finicky occasionally, it's pretty solid. (More stable than the stock Froyo ROM, about on par with the stock Gingerbread ROM unless you are mucking with things you shouldn't be). You should still try it out because of all of the robustness it adds, like 1080p video recording.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1189497

Do not confuse this ROM with CherryBLUR. That ROM is intended for international Atrixs only (meaning use it if you live outside the US).

Other than that, a lot of it is up to you. Themes are personal preference.

As a real hardware forum, I shouldn't recommend emulators. But really, it's fine if you're not trying to emulate PSX or N64. The Tegra 2 chip is nice, so use it well.

I almost forgot about keyboards though. Better Keyboard and Swiftkey are awesome. But really, I don't mind the stock Moto keyboard. It's not in custom ROMs, and the stock Android keyboard, while not terrible, needs improvement.

sThe Atrix JUST got an unlocked bootloader, so it may be a few weeks before anything revolutionary comes out for the thing.
Wait for a Cyanogenmod rom for the Atrix to come out, it will drastically improve performance and battery life.

I'm late on the news.

No reason to wait for Cyanogen to come out. It would be an unofficial port anyway. CyanogenMod is known for not supporting Moto handsets, and the only Moto device that was ever supported by the original Droid.

Furthermore, the unlock has been out long enough for some good ROMs to pop up. Like I have said before, Cherry Pi is a nice ROM. Also, it has really good battery life. Only if you use custom kernels do you get bad battery life. The kernels have yet to be optimized. ROMs based off of the stock kernel have good battery life.

Back