Installing larger hdd in xbox

Ok guys so i know this question has been asked to death but there are sooooooo many questions and answers that its hard to find my exact circumstances

ok i have a hard modded xbox with the aladin advance modchip and i have a 160 gb hdd which looks like it should be ok using the xbox hdd compatibility chart.
my question is what do i need to do to prevent bricking the xbox and make the new hard drive work
i dont have a custom bios on my xbox i only have the option too quick press power for normal booting or hold to boot into a mode that looks exactly the same but boots backups

Well you can't brick your Xbox just by screwing up the new hard drive, so don't worry about that. The worst case scenario is you have to go back to the original hard drive and start everything over again. I don't know if your modchip has unlocked your hard drive or not, so you should probably use the hotswap method to grab the key from the original drive. You can use XboxHDM for everything. It will handle grabbing the key, formatting the new drive, installing XBMC, and locking the new drive. Here is a tutorial. It's missing the pictures, but it should at least help. http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/how-to-hotswap-with-xboxhdm-v1-9-super-tutorial.576999/

Back