how do u tell if something is PAL or NTSC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help cuz im makin a gamecube portable. i need to know if my gamecube is PAL or NTSC without taking off the external RCA port

the thing that looks like this:
__
____l l____
/ \
\___________/

oot rulz!!!! :bansword:

Do you live in Europe? If it's pal, it should say something along the lines of PAL or EUR on the bottom. I think PAL GameCubes don't have Digital AV ports, but neither do some NTSC ones. PAL GameCubes support RGB output but not S-video (through the Analog AV port) and NTSC GameCubes support S-video but not RGB (not through the analog AV port anyway).

mako321 said:
If your port looks like the one on a n64, then it's an australian one.

wat

The SNES, N64, and GameCube all had the same A/V port. At least in America -- I'm not sure how you crazy Canadians do things up there. >_>

I think it'll either say "NTSC-U," "NTSC-J," or "PAL" on the bottom of the console depending on which region you live in. Not sure, though, and I can't check because my GameCube is buried in a box somewhere.

Actually, only australian consoles are like that. Everywhere else, they have a different looking connector. They also don't say what region it is, sadly.

you should really look a bit at your gamecube before asking questions, i mean it's f-ing Written on the cube ...

It's a coded message. You see each letter corresponds to each second digit of the barcode you got with the packaging...

WHEN PAL AND NTSC GET REAL DRUNK, THEY GO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX AND MAKE 50HZ PAL BABBY DERP BUMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back