Help in Fixing Gamecube Left Analog Stick

Does anyone know a way to fix and/or correct the positioning of the gamecube analog stick.
I use a wireless third-party controller called the pelican g3.

The gamecube analog stick feels somewhat loose and I need to find a way to fix this issue. I don't want to buy another controller but I just want to know if there is some other way to fix the controller. The analog stick shifts to the right when not in use and it is off-center all the time. Whenever I play it works fine, but sometimes when playing Super Smash Bros. Melee it can be hard to attack to the right at times.

I heard that changing the potentiometer with a classic controller or wii nunchuk could help to increase the lifespan for the controller. But I am not sure.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to fix this and extend the lifespan of the analog stick, I would greatly appreciate it.

Find a broken gamecube controller and steal a pot as a replacement. I did it with mine several years back and it was good as new.

Do you know any cheap gamecube controllers that are good enough to replace the old controller?

It would be better if someone would sell the potentiometer separately.

NintenFixer said:
Do you know any cheap gamecube controllers that are good enough to replace the old controller?

It would be better if someone would sell the potentiometer separately.
try checking out the junkyard to see if anyone has a broken gamecube controller. That's how I got mine fixed. Saw someone had a broken controller for sale so I asked him to just cut off the joystick and mail that to me instead of the whole controller since that's all I needed and was easier to ship.

Back