Has anyone made this circuit? (PS2 -> VGA)

Aguiluz

ps2Vga_FINAL_DIAGRAM_NO_GREEN_SCREEN.jpg

Has anyone made or tried this?

So if this is possible for the ps2, then it should be possible for any rgb system. Sweet. I might just make one of these for my snes.

themadhacker said:
So if this is possible for the ps2, then it should be possible for any rgb system. Sweet. I might just make one of these for my snes.

Not really. It seems to need a sync-on-green signal. I don't know if you can just combine green and sync to do it or not.

XCVG said:
PalmerTech said:
Nope.

Sync on green comes from component.

That's impossible, because component doesn't even have a green signal. :dahroll:
not sure if you were kidding or not on that, but there are multiple standards of component. What you'll see on TVs is sync on Luma, which has Y Pb Pr. But there are other standards such as sync on green that uses RGB Green as the data source used to sync, there is one that uses the composite video source as a sync, and there are standards that use Vertical sync and Horizontal sync as their sync.

Well, RGB SoG is not component, it's RGB. :p

I guess if you accept the broader definition of component video as any sort of signal split into components your statement is correct.

You know what? It doesn't matter, let's be friends. :dahroll: :rofl:

Starting work on this right nao. I'll post some progress pics soon. :awesome:

edit: ack. i dont have any caps. gotta hit up ratshack. and is this diagram for an original or a slim? :dahroll:

samjc3 said:

edit: ack. i dont have any caps. gotta hit up ratshack. and is this diagram for an original or a slim? :dahroll:

Doesn't matter, the output is the same. Be sure to set the PS2 to output RGB instead of Component, you'll need composite or S-video cables to do so.

XCVG said:
samjc3 said:

Doesn't matter, the output is the same. Be sure to set the PS2 to output RGB instead of Component, you'll need composite or S-video cables to do so.
output is the same, but the chips on the board are different. there are a great deal fewer chips on a slim than an original.. and i wont be using cables. just a hacked up vga cable. ;) :confused:

Well I now have a spare PS2 I may be able to try this on.

Did anyone buy parts for this that they'd sell to me?

I don't have any parts but I am wondering what happened with samjc3... :confused:

I have my eye on this thread because I will be doing a PS2 portable after I am finished with my GC portable. Samjc3 you out there?

Back