GBA wiring cart slot

designer noob

I just finished relocating the GBA cart slot and the GBA will turn on, but it will just stop at the Gameboy title. I was wondering is there a quick way to check if the two wires are shorting each other out?

I was thinking that maybe the voltage would be doubled on the wires that are connected? I would check to see if this theory works, but I have homework.

Multimeter. OHms.

Voltage wouldn't randomly double. If there was actually voltage on two lines that shorted, it would have to be the same voltage and amps would add.

Most meters have a continuity setting that beeps when there is a short between two pins. Everyone should have a meter with that option, it's invaluable :)

Hailrazer thanks for telling my about the beeper. I used it today and I found a couple shorts and fixed them.
There was one pair of shorts that slightly confused me. They were wires 16, 19, and 32. All, the shorts before this had been wires next to each other. So, I went and asked my dad he said that they could be connected by the circuit board and are connected for a reason. So, I am wondering are wires 16, 19, and 32 connected for a reason? Or are they a short. I would look, but I was taken away right when I found out because I have to watch my grandpa.

Hail, does the continuity beeper actually run voltage through the lines, or is it just like the ohms function but coupled to a beeper?

It is like the ohms setting it just checks for a certain resistance and when it finds it it beeps.

designer noob said:
Hailrazer thanks for telling my about the beeper. I used it today and I found a couple shorts and fixed them.
There was one pair of shorts that slightly confused me. They were wires 16, 19, and 32. All, the shorts before this had been wires next to each other. So, I went and asked my dad he said that they could be connected by the circuit board and are connected for a reason. So, I am wondering are wires 16, 19, and 32 connected for a reason? Or are they a short. I would look, but I was taken away right when I found out because I have to watch my grandpa.

No problem. Those pins might just be connected to a part with little resistance. Just be worried about a short between pins next to each other.

Back