Garage Door Opener Mod

ojmanyeah

So my friend wants me to figure out how I could get him and all his employees to access the garage door at their shop with an iphone app. He wants it to be on the cheap without replacing any of their openers. What I was thinking was that I could get an app that sends a line of code or whatever to a raspberry pi that sends a pulse from the message to the input for the opener that triggers the motor to start. I don't have an iphone so I don't know of any apps that can send code or anything like that, so if anyone knows of one like that it would be most appreciated if you shared ::3:. Plus if this idea is way too overcomplicated please let me know. This would be so much easier if his employees all had android instead of iphones too..

Find a shop computer. Set up an email account. Configure a program to read emails. Have the employees text the email account (It's super easy. You just put the email address in the to line). The program checks what number it arrived from, and maybe verifies the message (Open Sesame?). If it all matches up, send a pulse out over whatever that is used to open the garage door.

Back