Gamecuboid - Worklog For My Portable Gamecube

zack said:
Can't get the trimmed Rev C to power on either. This sucks.

Yes, it's bad :(
I understand the pervious rev not working but hip why a rev c? :(

Don't give up, zack :)
Try again, buy some more motherboards(cubes) from eBay or somewhere where you can a lot of gc's for a good amount.

I know how you must feel about this, I had the same issue with my first two gc's I messed up on them and they wouldn't work at all.

Try again and you'll evencutally get your gamecube portable, but it takes time and money to do it right evenechally, but if you really want a GCp you'll have it someday,
That's granteed :)

These mishaps aren't failures they are just bumps towards the success of your GCp becoming real.

Just believe in yourself and try again. :)

I see you haven't found a NCNO switch for permanent installation, I would recommend the button out of a computer mouse.

Thanks for the advice, I know my portable gamecube will be complete eventually, but it will take much time, especially if I have to replace my Wiikey Fusion, which I'm desperately hoping is still fully functional.

Also, my next step is testing the motherboards with an official regulator to see if that fixes anything. I'm thinking the problem could be my custom regulator for the following reasons:
1. Both boards quit working simultaneously, and the custom regulator is the only thing I used on both.
2. The trimmed Rev C board was tested and confirmed working before it was sent to me.
3. The fact that both boards quit working simultaneously leads me to suspect some other external issue.

However despite this, the custom regulator's voltage is normal. Only testing will tell, so I'll keep you updated on that as soon as possible.

Back