Gamecube controller membrane-button mod?

guile

I've heard of using a small piece of plastic on the membrane of a 360 controller to fix the poor dpad on it. Recently, my gamecube controller buttons (a,b,x,y) have become far less responsive. I tried swapping in a newer membrane which helped somewhat but not enough. There was some rusty residue on the board near the main x, y, a, b buttons that I cleaned off.

Any tips to help improve the button response by modifying the contacts or cleaning it somehow? Has anyone ever tried modifying the membrane with a piece of plastic or some other trick? It's really irritating.

Using rubbing alcohol on the contacts if they're metal should clean them very well. If it's official GC controller with graphite, though, I don't know. Rubbing alcohol probably wouldn't be safe.

Blargaman91 said:
Using rubbing alcohol on the contacts if they're metal should clean them very well. If it's official GC controller with graphite, though, I don't know. Rubbing alcohol probably wouldn't be safe.

Yeah they're the official ones and the contacts are black and powdery. Is there any way to safely clean them or restore them? I think it's actually the contacts that are the problem and not the membrane, the old membrane is still decent.

I've seen that some people use foil, conductive paint, or something else to try to fix the membranes. Anyone ever tried any of those? From what I've seen you apply it to the black parts on the bottom of the membrane and I think my problem is more on the board contacts.

Back