Gamecube Component output modding

Fullen

Newb
Hello there, i have a GC and i am having some problems with mi composite output, i can't find a solution for the problem i have, and i have not a single chance of buying a component cable, so u wanted to know if i can modd mi component output so i can use my composite cable on it. ( as far as i know the problems i have are related to my actual composite out)

Thank you Guys!

No. The component cables have an obscure chip on them. In addition, AV cables use another port altogether.

Nintendo contracted a proprietary ASIC for their component cables, so we may never know what was in them.
I wonder if an logic analyzer could tell us what's going on behind the scenes of that chip.

Diminuendo said:
ok, maybe I'm miss informed but I pretty sure component can be interlaced

Yes Component can be both interlaced (15khz) or Progressive (31khz). Now I'm pretty sure PAL GameCube can output native RGB (interlaced) at 480i or 576i, I don't remember.

I can't believe that there is still so much confusion on this subject.

RGB is not Component, and Component is not RGB.

NTSC GameCubes can do: Component (Y, Pb, Pr) video output through the digital video port on revision A/B Cubes. This requires the expensive cable with the proprietary chip built into it.

PAL GameCubes can do: RGB (Red, Green (sync on green), Blue) through the ANALOG (normal) A/V connector AND can also do Component (Y, Pb, Pr) video output through the digital video port on revision A/B Cubes. This requires the expensive cable with the proprietary chip built into it.

http://forums.shockslayer.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=141

To better answer the OP's question: No, you are screwed, buy a new GC for $10.

Back