Gamecube Casing Ideas

driogon

Hello, I'm new here. I am making a gamecube portable, I was going to use a PS1 5'' inch screen and I was wonder if anyone knows of any case that would fit the whole system's motherboard. Thank you in advance.

Thank you so much. Yeah, I saw this one before, I just didn't know where it was from. I guess this is the only one on ebay. Is there any other case used just in case I can't nab this one off ebay?

Nintendott said:
The ZN-45 case from polycase.com is excellent for GCp's.

I would definitely not go that far. It is "alright" for Gcp's. But it is a tight fit with the Oem buttons. And it is a tight fit with the screen. Tight fit with batteries and fan. Etc,Etc.

It's not an easy case to use for cd-based portables.

The one you haven't finished yet?
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2086

From the pics I see no screen, no board , no batteries, no cd-drive.

I don't doubt it can be done, Heck ShockSlayer did it. But he had to add a box on the back

And it is hard to fit a Gcp in a Zn-45 case. I never said impossible, I said "not easy".

Just an FYI. My Ncube used the Datamax case and was 9" x 6" x 1 3/4".

The ZN-45 is 9.18"x5.25"x2.36" so yea it is possible. But a beginner will find it tough. :)

hailrazer said:
Just an FYI. My Ncube used the Datamax case and was 9" x 6" x 1 3/4".

The ZN-45 is 9.18"x5.25"x2.36" so yea it is possible. But a beginner will find it tough. :)

this thread makes me lolz :dah:

Zenloc (although he is a god) fit a GCp insiide a ZN-45 (with the height shortened!). Which means it can be done effectively, but there are probably like, 3 people on this site who could do that. Meaning there are probably 3 people in the United States that could do that.

Jidan said:
Zenloc (although he is a god) fit a GCp insiide a ZN-45 (with the height shortened!). Which means it can be done effectively, but there are probably like, 3 people on this site who could do that. Meaning there are probably 3 people in the United States that could do that.

See heres the thing, I bet A LOT of GC portablizers could fit their gamecube into a small case, but choose not too.

Hailrazer for example, is an intelligent, sexy human being. Two traits that are ideal for making small portable gamecubes; HOWEVER, Mr. Jon wishes to make his portables a lil bit bigger so that they may have kickass specifications such as good battery life, comfortable to hold, all/most console features included, etc. Smaller portables tend to lose things along the way, if you know what I mean.

But honestly? Making a small GCP is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. It is simply a matter of how much time do you want to put into it. I have spent more time on the motherboard than anything else, by choice. My first portable that I am still revising, is going to be the smallest handheld portable gamecube ever made to date (and yes it fits in my pocket).

Which isn't that big of a deal. Know why? Cuz it can be made much smaller thats why!!! And odds are we all suck and there is some kid in Japan that is poning us all with his PSP sized portables :mad:

Back