Gameboy color screen

So basically me and my friend are trying to make a portable Sega genesis but we were wondering if it were to be possible to reuse a gameboy color screen to be the screen for the portable?

nope. well, at least not realistically. i think there is a TV input cart that allows you to put video into it, but the screen quality and refresh rate would be awful for a genesis. not to mention the screen is small and you would need to keep the gameboy intact. get one of the eBay 3.5" screens, or perhaps a pustom 2.5", if you are really intent on small. you could use a zenith or sony psone screen as well.

Is their anything screen that I can reuse like a gba sp screen or a gamegear screen. I can pay for the 3.5 screen but im on a budget and i really don't wanna spend just 10$ for shipping.

even with the 10$ shipping, its still only 30$ ;) about the only other screens like what you are looking for are from casio pocket TV's. but, once again, quality isnt great, and you need to keep everything mostly intact.

Alright. What about a computer monitor screen I got a proview lcd monitor 700p. What that at least work for testing my portable?

sure. if it accepts composite or S-video input, or if you have a composite-VGA box. you should just buy a screen. those 3.5"s really are cheap (the equivalent AEIcomp screen is like 100$). for testing, just use your TV.

Back