Found a place to buy modchips

:awesome:
I just found a website that sells modchips. I was going to mod a gamecube with a Xeno GC because it was small and easy to install, rather then a qoob pro because it was bigger, a tad tougher to install, I couldn't find where to buy the friggin' thing, and it's website was cybersquatted so I couldn't get the flasher program thingy.
But, I found a few guides on how to install the qoob, and I downloaded the latest BIOS as well as the flasher program. I haven't actually used or even unzipped the latter two programs, because I'm still taking my class to get certified to get a job to fund my crap, and untill I'm done doing that, I cannot actually BUY the qoob.
Oh, DUH! I'm so stupid. I diddn't even say where I'm getting the qoob. :facepalm:
So, yeah... http://www.foundmy.com/oscom/index.php
Anyone tell me if this website's legit?
Oh, and I got the bios and the flasher at some website called Eur-Asia.
http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads
Is this website legit? when I downloaded my BIOS, flasher, and installation diagrams, Did I in fact download a VIRUS? :eek:
BTW, as far as the files go (bios, flasher, installation diagrams), I can send them to you via PM (I think... can you attach files to a PM?) if you don't want to make an account at eur-asia. I made an account, downloaded what I wanted, and then deleted it, haha. Not too time consuming but annoying nonetheless.
Oh, and BTW, I just realized that not getting the files from qoob itself could be considered pirating.
Is what I have done illegal? I sure hope not, I could find those files NOWHERE else. :oops:

Foundmy is legit, just bad prices.
(Great sales though)

Eurasia is legit, and made up of some cool people.

Just for reference, if you need any help with the qoob then I highly suggest you PM kasar of the BH forums. He taught me everything I know.

SS

I know the qoob is good....but aren't most modchips good?

I have the ViperGC (not the pro) and I have loved it! I mainly used it for cheat input and viewing the game files but, still, it was easy and simple to install.

ShockSlayer said:
Just for reference, if you need any help with the qoob then I highly suggest you PM kasar of the BH forums. He taught me everything I know.

SS
I know some basics (I know how to use the GCM utility to burn multi-iso discs and play them with the qoob, I know how to install the qoob, I know how to use the qoob's interface (just like everyone else that can read), and I have a few theories as to how to trim the qoob down), but I don't know squat about homebrew. In all probability I will be PMing kasar.
he's a friggin' genius, did you know that? (of course you did, who am I kidding?) his guide is a lifesaver... for me, at least.

robm said:
Yeah, just a little bit.

Is that why there are so many modchip places in Canada? I guess it's legal up here or something.

Anyway, I saw a neat multi-cable for Dreamcast, Playstation, SNES/N64/GC, and XBOX. Anyone seen any others, preferably for last-gen consoles somewhere? I've been looking for such cables for a while.

XCVG said:
robm said:
Yeah, just a little bit.

Is that why there are so many modchip places in Canada? I guess it's legal up here or something.

Anyway, I saw a neat multi-cable for Dreamcast, Playstation, SNES/N64/GC, and XBOX. Anyone seen any others, preferably for last-gen consoles somewhere? I've been looking for such cables for a while.

I've got one. Want it?

Back