file coverter need help

SUPER is overly complicated for this purpose, but it will do the job. I think ffmpeg can too, but I haven't tried it. Altervista's YouTube Downloader can do this, but I can't recommend it anymore. As of Version 3, it is cumbersome, unreliable, and always asking to BUY PREMIUM. I'm assuming you already have a way of downloading videos.

Record the 'Stereo Mix' channel in Audacity while playing the video in your browser.

bic said:
Record the 'Stereo Mix' channel in Audacity while playing the video in your browser.
Depending on your sound card you may not have the Stereo Mix option. I know this because I looked into recording some stuff and did not have it.

Yes and no. Obviously it's not going to be as good as FLAC rip, but at HQ, I believe it is equivalent to 192kbps MP3. It's good if you just wanted one song, or if it was something particularly esoteric and that was the only place to get it, or if you're like me and you can't tell the difference anyway.

Stereo mix recording is a horrible idea, though. Not so much quality wise, I think the losses are minimal, but it's a pain in the ass and you can't do it in the background as ANY sound made by ANY program will leak into the recording.

Its okay for something obscure where you can't easily find the source material, but for any sort of officially released song or similar, its usually not that hard to find a direct download.

I've never been able to tell the difference between bitrates, provided it's not abysmally low. 192 sounds exactly like 1411 to me, always has.

Mako321 said:
XCVG, youtube videos aren't even 192Kbps.

You're right. A quick check of one of my old .mp4 HQ videos reveals it as VBR AAC at 106-206 kbps. Not sure how that compares. A newer HQ flv is only 96 kbps! Another one, this one a standard quality flv, is 146kbps CBR. Not sure if it depends on age, is optimized by YouTube, or if it goes by upload. I'll DL one of my own videos, which is encoded at 192kbps IIRC, maybe that will help me find out.

Back