Expansion pack

kogumelow

I need to know if my expansion pack is working correctly, but I dont have a game that uses the expansion pack. Is there any way to know if it's working?

I don't think any game will work if the expansion pack is no good, regardless if its a game that uses it or not. There are a lot of games that will make use of it but not require it, like rayman 2 or perfect dark, of course perfect dark only lets you play some without it. But they will let you know the expansion pak is detected, indicating it is working properly.

Here's a thread that has a lot of the games that can use it listed, most of which let you know the pak is working, I'm guessing.. that is

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topi...hat-games-use-it-and-what-are-the-differences

So no game will work if the expansion pack is broken, or bad wired? Or it's a chace of games that don't use the expansion pack works if it's bad wired?

I'm not gonna say I'm 100% sure that no games will work with a bad or badly connected pak, cause my pak has always worked. But I would assume the pak needs to work or the n64 would act like there was no installed pak at all.. regardless of the game

I'm sure someone will confirm, or correct me if I'm wrong

Wouldn't depend on where the expansion pack breaks?
After all, if the RAM breaks, theoretically it might still work as a jumper pack?
Didn't someone fail a RAM swap but still had a working board?

The system won't boot without the jumper or expansion pak. Now, theoretically it could have broken where it still "jumped" the 4mb of RAM, but it's much more likely that it's working fine. I wouldn't worry. If you really want to test it then just buy a copy of Perfect Dark or something. Not only is it an awesome game, but it will tell you at the beginning whether the console thinks you have an expansion or jumper pak. And it's relatively cheap.

kogumelow said:
Here in Brazil is 50 dollars.
Wow... I got mine for $7 at a local game shop. I'd just go with the assumption that's it's all fine and you did it successfully. As soon as you can get some game like Majora's Mask or Donkey Kong 64 that needs it, test it. But you really should be fine.

Back