Dumb Question About a Dumb LCD - 7" EBay cheapie...

theEVOL1

Hi everyone!

I am doing a screen installation and I am using THIS ONE.

I took it apart and got the case installation done and when I went to hook the video/power etc. back up to the monitor, I realized that the connector for the line-in is a 6-pin molex while the molex receptacle on the monitor PCB is 7-pin. Now I have no idea which pin is not used and I would rather not fry this screen.

ary9.jpg

5dus.jpg

lt53.jpg

C'mon China!! Get your crap together!!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else out there has a screen like this with the mismatched connectors or if anyone knows where I can find a pin-out for this screen. I don't want to just plug it in and let 'er rip, but seriously, I'm on my second day trying to find info on this turd to no avail.

I'm hoping someone sees this that can help a brother out!

Use a mutlimeter to test what pins on the board are ground, and what pins on the connector are ground (likely both of the black wires). Then match them up. You should be fine if you do that.

EDIT: I can pretty much tell just by looking at the components on the board that the orientation of the connector in the last picture is wrong. It should be plugged in the other way. Cheers.

Ashen said:
Use a mutlimeter to test what pins on the board are ground, and what pins on the connector are ground (likely both of the black wires). Then match them up. You should be fine if you do that.

EDIT: I can pretty much tell just by looking at the components on the board that the orientation of the connector in the last picture is wrong. It should be plugged in the other way. Cheers.

Ahh yes! That goes to show that there is usually an easy answer that gets overlooked when one becomes frustrated! Thank you very much!

Stick one probe in to the red line that goes to the backlight, and probe all the pins on the connector until your meter beeps (or however else it indicates connectivity), and you know where to stick 12V. GND will be easy to find and you can screw around with the video pins, doing those wrong won't fry anything, they just won't work.

Back