DS Case mod WIP

robm

Billy Mays
Staff member
Those who know me know that I'm not a big Nintendo fan.

But, now that my kids are getting older and getting into the gaming scene, I've become somewhat intrigued by the DS - it's small, plays both GBA and DS games, and has (if limited) wi-fi capability.

Recently, I've obtained two DS's, one for me and one for my son. The second one I got a hold of needed repair/assembly, and came with an extra top case - which was a good thing, because the original was beat to crap. The one I put on my DS is white, which is my least favorite color in the world for ANYTHING.

Unless it's a Dreamcast.

So, time to mod it. Here's what the original one looked like (not mine, but you get the idea):
ds_lite_cobaltconfirmation.jpg

Here's the case after I've sanded it down:
dcp168.jpg

Huh, the DS logo is gone.

You can tell where the case was damaged, some of it was like that, some of it was through a failed attempt at removing the finish with a dremel.

More to come :D

Much as I would like it, I'm not THAT big of a Zim fan (or Gir.)

Actually, I'm thinking blasphemy.

I have extra Sony logos.

lol, the burDS.

That's something YOU should do.

Nah, I'm going to gloss black this thing and put a Sony logo on it.

And call it the PSD, the Playstation Duo.

:awesome:

robm said:
lol, the burDS.

That's something YOU should do.

Nah, I'm going to gloss black this thing and put a Sony logo on it.

And call it the PSD, the Playstation Duo.

:awesome:
OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome: :awesome: this is making wish my friend would get me his old ps3 (ylod) so i can put it in a 360 shell for flaxs and giggles. :awesome:

The Question said:
:awesome: A very good way to confuse nongamers. Disguise one system as another. Call in confusion!
no, its to mess with fanboys. nongamers wont know the difference. fanboys, on the other hand, can be fooled. ie, "check it out! i hacked my 360 to run ps3 gaems!" and, they believe it. :awesome: then they get all confused later in life. :awesome:

Oh, I thought you were going to paint it white and pretend it's like a portable Dreamcast or something.

Anyway, if you don't have one, get a flashcart. Beyond the obvious use of uh... backing up your games, it's actually really useful. There's some neat homebrew, and you can use it as a ghetto-MP3 player, even for playing video. I watched U-571 TWICE on my DS when I was on a trip. Oh, and emulators. Most of them are slow and crappy, but some are pretty good.

Yeah, I've known I wanted to get a flash cart.

Just got to find one, and the extra discretionary funds to do so.

robm said:
Yeah, I've known I wanted to get a flash cart.

Just got to find one, and the extra discretionary funds to do so.

I have an M3DS Real and it works great. Got the "Perfect" bundle so I have a GBA/RAM pack too. Any modern flashcart will work fine, but watch out for crap clones. Pretty much anything "SDHC" is a clone, for example, and it's pretty much impossibly to find a real R4.

Back