Downing's Guide To The Perfect Portable Casing & Vacuum Form

Downing

Hey everyone! As many of you have probably noticed, I have my own personal showcase site up now which includes all my projects from modding to home improvements. As well as that, this is where my 40+ page case making guide is found and broken down into sections depending on where you are at in the process.

This guide answers many of the normal case making questions and is very theoretical in it's approach. Rather than just showing you a picture and a sentence, I tried to show the reasons as to why these techniques work and how the can be applied to many other projects outside of modding. It even includes Thermal Images of High Impact Styrene on my vacuum former table as it heats and is formed so you really get a good idea of not only how the plastic reacts, but also how efficient your heat box and vacuum table really are!

The idea hear is to pass on knowledge that I've learned first hand and make other capable of learning these techniques from a theoretical perspective.
Hailrazer was kind enough to contribute to this guide as well and anything contributed by the overall master of case work is a very much appreciated endorsement!

So feel free to click on the image below to be taken to the site and give it a read!

This isn't intended to be an self-promotion advertisement, just a link to those who wish to give it a look and to learn a little bit more about art of case making. Thanks guys!

Re: Downing's Guide To The Perfect Portable Casing

Just a suggestion, but mentioning vacuum forming in the title would be pretty handy too.

Back