Does anyone have the Toshiba Satellite L300D? I need a disc.

Aguiluz

Does anyone have this laptop and willing to make me a recovery disc ISO of it? My dad lost his, I made a dumb decision to delete the recovery partition (*kicks self*) and Toshiba wants $35 shipped for it. :/

EDIT: The sticker that contains the product key on the bottom had faded out too. Grrrr....

Shut up. :hand: Why do you think he wants the discs? The recovery partition includes the windows installer to avoid the need for it in the first place.

epicelite said:
Just find the drivers for it with Google and reinstall windows. :tophat:

Most OEM machines don't come with Windows discs.

Bibin said:
Shut up. :hand: Why do you think he wants the discs? The recovery partition includes the windows installer to avoid the need for it in the first place.

Nice.

XCVG said:
epicelite said:

Yep, since now they all rely on a recovery partition. As good of an idea as that is, if there is a hard drive failure, there is not a very easy way to reinstall your copy of windows.

Bibin said:
XCVG said:
epicelite said:

Yep, since now they all rely on a recovery partition. As good of an idea as that is, if there is a hard drive failure, there is not a very easy way to reinstall your copy of windows.

I hate the stupid recovery crap. I'd rather have proper install discs. But NO, they have to give you recovery crap that "recovers" all the bloatware too. I think it's cheaper for them or something.

It's a good thing my dad has a copy of XP Pro that can be installed on an unlimited number of machines. :awesome:

samjc3 said:
XCVG said:
It's a good thing my dad has a copy of XP Pro that can be installed on an unlimited number of machines. :awesome:
pirate copy or uber business copy? :dah:

I think it's from some now-defunct company or something. I don't really know, other than that we have no problems installing it on any of our machines or anything like that.

samjc3 said:
XCVG said:

Since only his dad would work for the company for the business copy, it's illegal for him either way.

Bibin said:
samjc3 said:
XCVG said:

Since only his dad would work for the company for the business copy, it's illegal for him either way.

I actually have no fricking idea what it is or even if it unlimited. We only have a few computers, so it could just be a two or three license copy. Actually, I don't even know if it's the same disc. All I know is that both our computers have XP Pro.

So I was probably just making a huge leap of imagination. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up. :p

EDIT: I can confirm that we do NOT actually have an uber copy. Having a backup disc doesn't mean you can install it a crapload of computers. Let me quote myself:

me said:
Sometimes I'm so dumb it amazes even me.

It would be pretty epic to have an uber copy though. Actually, it would be kind of pointless.

Back on topic, there's a guy selling Win2000 in the Junkyard. It's not XP, but it's cheap.

Back