DIY component video cable for original xbox

Hi there! I've already searched this forum for topics related to my request to no avail so here I go. I use my beloved ageing xbox to watch DVDs and stream stuff from my PC. I recently bought a 40" LCD Sony Bravia to replace a very old 27" CRT TV I was using. Problem is that my xbox looks like plain crap in this TV as well as any other sources using composite video. I tried to find the component cables or HD pack fro the box but since it's too old, I can't find any where. So I'm here asking you if it's possible to build it myself, using a couple of the standard def, composite cables. I've read somewhere that it's possible, but I'm not too versed in technical stuff, yet have to learn soldering (I learn fast) and have a couple of questions regarding the cables and the pins they must be attached to. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

Thanks for the quick reply! Σigma, that's exactly what I'm looking for, shame I can't buy online just yet given the current political and econimic situation/restrictions currently in place in my country (Venezuela). That's why I'm aiming at building it myself. budnespid, the link http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/psxav.htm in the post you mention is somehow related, in that site I can even find the pinout for the xbox. What I really need is some guidance/advice about which pins must get wires soldered on, etc. somo sort of a visual aid I dare to say. And since everyone here is well versed in soldering, pinouts and whatnot, mod related, I'm safe to assume someone could help me out with it. Thanks again for your response

Thanks mate! Comes in handy, but I'd really like to have someone explain me (meaning show me) which pins I'm going to solder which cables to. That's what I consider vital for this little "project" of mine. If you manage to find some pictures, sites or whatever related, please share them. I'll sure keep searching google in hopes to find something helpful. Thanks again!

I've tried to build one twice, it didn't work either time. Your mileage may vary, but I recommend you just buy one.

Back