Cutting up an official GC controller.

hay guys,

I'm still trying to solve my gc cut control stick problem.
thread of my help question here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10815

i really need dire help on this part, it's been killing me for ages. :( more than the amp or batteries.

if any one can help me out, thanx

Ashen said:
SS, If you were using the GC pad tester program the gamepad will constantly rumble until a+z are pressed, even if you unplug the controller and plug it back in. :/

Where can I find this GC pad tester program? Google has not been helpful for me.

Thanks

Edit:vv Many thanks, Gamerlolwind!

Well, uh... using regular joysticks, you would want to connect 3.3v to the appropriate pin on each potentiometer, connect ground the two appropriate pins, and then connect the X and Y axis. X axis would be the potentiometer facing horizontally and Y axis would be the one facing vertically to the joystick. X and Y pins for each joystick are labeled on the pinouts on the first page if this forum.

Hay ashen,
My b button of my controller you modded, I accidentally broke it so I got a second controller to replace the ABYX part of my old board.

Um, my controller (in WKF GCp) is a type 1, and the wires for ABYX and GnD are soldered to components,

I checked my GC controller (the one I got yesterday) and it is a type 2. A completely diffrent board from type one. So I can't copy paste your wires exactly from my old ABYX board to the new one,

So, if I solder wires to the new controller chip for (ABYX/GnD) and then solder those to my controller ABYX GnD wires that where connected to my old ABYX board, this will work fine?

Also what is a good cut to do for a type 2? (I'm only using the ABYX part from the new controller to replace my old ABYX board)

Hi,

I'm having some trouble understanding this guide.

On the top row. Pin 5 and 7 starting from left both mention data in. Wich one sould get the data line coming from the mobo?

Also, on pin 7 there is a mentioning of 100ohm resistor value. Does it mean I need to add a resistor or...? I need some help here. Controller is the last thing I need to hook up brfore closing my Portable.

Maybe a screenshot from somebody's hook up?

Thanks in advance

Back