Custom paint with sharpie?

Hello I'm not gonna lie... I'm a noob but I wanted to start my ticket into the modding world with a simple paint mod. Now the problem is that it is illegal for someone under 18 to by spray paint (I know it sucks) and I've already asked my parents and they wont trust me in buying spray paint so I was wondering if it were possible to custom paint a game console with a sharpie. I custom painted one of my cameras with a sharpie but it ended up smudging like crazy. So I was wondering if its a good idea to custom paint a gbc with a sharpie. Will I need clear coat? Or is their any other supplements I can use for paint.

If by custom you mean "I want it to look like it came out of an anus", then yes, go ahead and do it.

If you look 18, try a few stores and see if one will sell it to you without ID. Make sure you dress like a decent member of society. If you can't pass for 18, find a friend that's 18/looks 18 and have them buy it for you. If neither of those work, show your parents that you can be trusted.

Actually, if you broke open a few Sharpies you could potentially use the ink inside to cover the shell of whatever system you're thinking of. Never seen anyone do that before -- could be cool if done right. If it works.

Your best bet is spray paint, though.

Something very important to understand: Sharpie isn't permanent. flax will wipe off all over your fingers, and you will be sad.

Find a place that will sell it to you. You can't use Sharpie. Brush paint, MAYBE. If you use the right kind, it won't look as good but it shouldn't come off in your hand.

Dang false advertisers... oh well I guess ill just have to borrow some spray paint from my friend thanks for the help anyways guys.

I've made Sharpie work fine before. But Prismacolors look better.

You cant dump the ink out of a Sharpie, either... It's in a tube of foam that looks like a Slim Jim.

But it will smear and look terrible if you don't put a clearcoat over it.

And where do you live that you can't buy spraypaint? I buy it all the time, and I'm 16.

I'm guessing he lives in either California or Canada. Those are the top two places I can think of that would have such a silly restriction on spray paint.

I actually think most places have that restriction, just a lot don't worry about it. Watch the readout at walmart when getting paint, if it blinks "Is buyer over 18", then you know your cashier isn't doing their job.

As far as I know, it's not law in most places but store policy. Kind of like ESRB ratings, they aren't legally binding.

Also, holy thread bump batman.

it's illegal to buy spray paint where i live (harrison,ark) but the reason why is because people would like sniff it and like it literally turn then into brainless zombies (except they aren't dead and don't eat brains) and plus people would spray paint everywhere.
At least i look 18 and plus the people who work at dollar general know me and let me buy it anyways because i have been going there for years.
and if you need spray paint i could "donate" you some

It's probably not a blanket law, but it is usually illegal to sell underage kids spray paint for a variety of reasons, be it graffitti or substance abuse. I have a couple of kids that try buying it from me, and they get all teenage angsty when I tell them to *Can'tSayThisOnTV* off. It'd be cute if they weren't douchebags.

Just to sum up everything said in this thread.

Don't "paint" with sharpie. Maybe for lettering or something small.
Some places WILL sell spray paint to minors.

Where do you live? I buy spraypaint all the time. Maybe it is because I use the self-checkout at home depot, but I'm pretty sure the over 18 thing is just for canned air.

Back