Cube^3

Thank's for the good comments!

I still haven't decided how I will finish the case. I first wanted to paint it , but I have to admit that when I saw this clear blue I was like :awesome: So I'll probably go for a mirror finish (or nearly) and that's it. For the LEDs, I don't even know if there's enough room in the case to put 2 :lol:
Started sanding it yesterday.

Well, 4 players confirmed working. But I'm stuck here as my audio amp is not working... I've tested the cube with another amp and got sound... So this is bad news, I'll try to fix it, but I might need to find another solution... which might invoke big modifications :wtf:

So my amp is TPA6021A4 based. If anybody has experienced with it, here's my wiring diagram :
8cg.png

(very messy, sorry)

I'm running it off of 3.3V, according to the datasheet anything between -0.6V and 6V should go, but this might be the problem.

I'll give my eternal gratitude to anybody that finds the amp problem !

Another thing, I randomly get some "an error as occured" screen when testing my gamecube. Should I get worry about it ?

EDIT : GOT SOME SOUND :awesome: My pcb is double sided and I forgot to solder a pin of the tpa6021a4, resulting in 0V on the 18 pin -> mute mode.
I'm now experiencing some huge interferences on both L/R audio lines, it s sounding like a kettle or something like that... I've read (from ashen) that this may be the result of interferences coming from the power regulators so I'll go for this explanation and isolate those regs.
BTW : tpa6021a4 sounds really great, and is very loud. ;)

Case news :
ttsgeb said:
http://www.wired.com/design/2013/03/3d-print-smoothing/
Maybe make your life a bit easier...
Yep I know this technique, but actually this only works with ABS, and my case is not in ABS , neither in PLA. This is only true for a filament extruding 3D printer, which was not the case of the one I used ;)

I sanded nearly all the back, and this is such a desapointing task... Actually, when I finally got the back perfectly slick, I started to see every inner default... And of course sanding the inner part of the cube is nearly impossible :evil2:

Memcard news : Memcard A working, Memcard B is a mess... Soooooo... My gamecube will finally have a SD gecko :lol: I have this "thing inserted in slot B cannot be used" error and I'm 99.99999999% sure of my wiring. I guess it s a wire length problem, but I cannot make it shorter.
So the external port will only be for the 4 player possibility ( which makes half the external port pins pointless...) and I'll add another SD port somewhere, probably on the top to make the wires as short as possible.

Other news :

I just ordered a new screen, dalian good display 4.3". I will make a little feedback when I receive it.
Still haven't received my 3rd party controller and I'm going on holliday tonight... little misfortune here. I'll see with my brother if he can send it to me when he will receive it.

So conclusion : Lot of space is being lost... this is definitely a rev 1 cube^3...

Back