CiiU ~ Worklog

LOCtronicz

Formerly known as zenloc
Here's my upcomming and first official SD loading gamecube portable.

Presenting the CiiU.

20110802224335.jpg

20110802224400.jpg

20110802224501.jpg

20110802224513.jpg

20110802225059.jpg

Hmmm don't know why some pics rotated..... :confused: It's still in it's basic stages but you get an idea of what it's going to look like.

Specs are still te be released but will cover all of the gamecube portables needs. Once more progress is made I will post it in this thread. Any questions related to this portable can be asked here.

If all the testing goes as planned I plan to sell more of these in the coming year.

Re: What happens when you steal Nintendo's WiiU design......

Looks awesome, but didn't teknott already make a GCU?

Oh yeah you're right.... Well whatever I'll change the name when it get's done. Hope he doesn't mind. I'm not really the master of original names anyway so I don't really care anyway.

Love the shoulder buttons.

What's with you and ashen making big portables? Are big portables in now? Damnit, now I have to find some n64 cases. :p

SS

Big portables can hold batteries and have a bigger screen. That's why mine's going to be bigger.

5" screen = <3, plus I have huge hands.

Looks awesome so far zen, love the case modification in tge back to house the player ports.

I have pretty big hands too. 5" screens are nice.

Also, portables can be small and have good batteries, just you wait. :p

SS

Oh believe me, I am (waiting).

By the way, awesome awesome case zenloc. Maybe I should do my shoulder buttons similarly. It just looks comfortable.

loving the desing of the back
:awesome:

Hahaha, I shudder to think what the youtube commenters say, lol, first they say to get a psp, and Ashens makes one in a psp case. Now they say all portables look lik the wiiU and you make one look like the wiiU controller :lol:

I'm just amazed at how clean the case looks. Vacuum formed, I assume?

Ossum stuff ::3:

Nice choice of colour too, assuming that's the final state it is in.

I have small hands, and proportionally long fingers, so I enjoy smaller/more portrait cases. Still, the fold in the back was well-chosen by Nintendo, and you of course!

Someday, someone will make a custom portrait case as sleek as this. Some day...
(not saying bud's is bad, oh no.)

i like the size , id prefer it to be comfortable and easy to hold rather than teeny and have a nasty small screen , suppose thats why i like the phat psp over the slim

Great casework Zenloc. It always amazes me your detail work.

I also think its funny that we are in an era when cases like this are considered "big". Back in my day, rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

That being said, I cannot wait to show all you kiddies what a small 5" screen portable looks like. :awesome:

Thanx for the comments guys. :D

For a 5" screen portable it isn't big at all. It's the smallest comfortable at the moment. It could be smaller but I would have to remove the batteries and the controls would be placed to close to each other. I could also remove the back sticking piece as that is only used for the controller ports and shoulder buttons. But removing that wouldn't make it look like the WiiU which was the whole point here.The buttons and dpad are from a nds lite not a classic controller. So it has the smallest good looking buttons.

As for making a small portable with batteries it's possible but you would have to place them in between the gc motherboard and the screen. Now when you make it that small with a tiny heatsink fan combo the gc mobo gets quite hot at the back and can be potentially dangerous when the battery get's all that heat for a longer period. Also the portable get's thicker because you are stacking things in stead of spearding.

I have another idea especially for zelda fans. Which houses a 2nd port gameboy advance in the portable. I would then use a dsxl or 3ds case and put the gameboy in the bottem and a widescreen on top. :mrgreen: That would be one slickmod I tell you ;) But again all just idea's :p

I have had that same last idea, Zenloc. It's pretty legit.

Gosh, I really ought to come up with some way to troll youtube commenters now.

SS

Back