Camcorder batteries....Need help

hailrazer

Frequent Poster
I bought some camcorder batteries last year that had the flat Li-po type cells in them.

Now everyone I buy has the big fat round Li-ion type cells.

What do I buy to insure it has the flat cells in them? A particular brand ? Real Sony batteries only? Or camcorder batteries for certain model camcorders?

I need some help here :)

mako321 said:
stop buying camcorder batteries, just get li-pos :p

Once again thank you for all the help you give. :p

I need the smaller size that the camcorder cell provides me with. I can fit 6 small cells in a portable I am making but not even 2 of the 4700mAh ones I usually use.

Now anyone have any REAL help. :lol:

well, batteryspace does have other batteries. theres also some small packs on places like sparkfun. any idea what brand the camcorder batteries you bought were?

samjc3 said:
well, batteryspace does have other batteries. theres also some small packs on places like sparkfun. any idea what brand the camcorder batteries you bought were?

I have looked up / down/ and sideways guys. I can't find any that are as small as the camcorder batteries I got last year. They are 32mmX50mmX10mm and were rated at around 1000mAh each. I bought a pak that had 6 in there and was rated at 6600mAh and it actually lasted as rated.

But I can't find the link anymore because it was a while ago.

Found a post that helped :) YAY !!

Mario said:
thewise1 said:
Yeah what batteries did you use?

Look on ebay, 6000mAh Camcorder Battery.

I don't know how it is compared to Sifuf's, his is much thinner, probably one inch. They're probably about the same from side to side, obviously his is smaller top to bottom. I think it's about the same dimensions as the Sixty-Free Lite, just about 1cm thicker for the battery.

EDIT: Looking at the SFL again, it seems mine is actually a couple cm less wide that his. About the same top to bottom, and about 1cm thicker still.

I was about to say, are they the ones you posted in my Retro64 worklog? ;)

I remember those. Perhaps it's only in the big, bulky batteries, not the small ones?

These vs. those.
ux_a08032600ux0044_ux_g.jpg

ux_a08042200ux0018_ux_g.jpg

I hate to be a black cloud, but I tried to find those all last year and I couldn't find any. I'm pretty sure every chinese generic brand manufacturer decided to go with the (probably) cheaper production. D8

Back