Bunch of new things for Portables

Spiicyice

Okay so recently I ordered a bunch of stuff for a number of portables I would like to make! I kind of went A LITTLE overboard, but I think I can do it!

So here is what I am planning:

I would like to have quite a few N64 Portables in these cases, as they look really cool, are a good size and don't require a lot of case work. I would also like to make a GameCube Portable or two in them, as well as a PS2.

TB2huyu.jpg

I can also use the organizer from the inside of those cases as an additional case. I would like to make the same three consoles as portables in these cases.

hXTOAEA.jpg

I also still have my Marley64 to finish up. I just have to do a little bit of sanding on the front, but it is pretty darn smooth. As for the back.... A LOT of sanding will be needed. That is obviously just the case, I have done a little bit of the electronics, but not too much. I must say that it is extremely comfy to hold!

wWLfO87.jpg

I also recently bought a PS2 case off Gman. He has frankencased it, I just need to sand it smooth. I think this one will look pretty cool, but will probably be on the end of my list... I bought a predone case so I would be more motivated to work on it, but the PS2 wasn't a console I really played.

Ug0Oelc.jpg

I am also commissioning Downing on a GameCube Case that will resemble the WiiU Gamepad. I think this one looks the coolest out of all of them, but I would like to have progressive scan on this one. So it might be towards the end of my list once again.

2yCTHrK.jpg

I would also like to make a Wii Laptop, with an Ouya in it as well. I was thinking of just using one of those kid laptops, as they are a good size. This one is towards the bottom of my list, as I think it will be a little bit more time consuming. Now if we are able to cut the Wii motherboard a little more, then I will move this project up the list. As I think having a portable Wii would be extremely cool!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1995-Ultra-Pack- ... f40&_uhb=1

So now that is all of the cases I have, and will be getting. Now as for the consoles I have at the moment: I have two working GameCubes that both have an IPL of 1.1, Three N64's. Two I have opened up and cut down the motherboard, and both are not working at the moment, other one unopened and working. A PS2 motherboard from Gman, but I'm not sure if it works or not yet. I am going to get a Wii soon hopefully.

1LPUROO.jpg

I have three Wiikeys, one of them has Swiss autoboot (Thanks Mega) and two MegaDrives to make my life a little easier.

UGzyKkF.jpg

I have five screens at the moment. I have a 3.5 inch screen somewhere in my closet, a 4.3 inch screen, two 5 inch Zenith screens and a 6.2 screen that accepts VGA and composite. I will need to buy another 6.2 inch screen for the other WiiU Gamepad like portable. (The PS2 or GameCube, whichever is last) As well as a screen for the Wii Laptop.

t6rtlzN.jpg

I found a pretty good deal for these IBM heatsinks. It's about $14 shipped, which I think is pretty good.

GNia8VU.jpg

Now I also have most of the tools and other parts required to make these portables, soldering iron, dremel, some regulators, batteries, controllers etc. I could really finish a N64 Portable and two GameCube Portables with all of these parts I have at the moment. That is assuming that I won't break anything of course! I think I got WAAAAY over my head, as I haven't even finished my first N64 Portable, but I hope I can at least do some of these projects. I will be able to start in about a week and a half, after all of my exams. I don't plan on finishing all of these projects in the next couple months, or even in the next year! But it's just all of my ideas, so I will just pick and choose the ones I would like to do. Wish me luck!

Looks pretty promising man. After actually getting to play Hailraizer's N64Boy Advanced at Downings I really, really like those gameboy cases. That GCp case of Downing's is also super sex. Now follow through with what you start! ;)

I am going to try my best! I don't want this to end like most portables... I also have to say that Downing's GameCube case is super sexy!

Thanks a lot Ashen!

You don't need a DVD board if you are using a Wiikey Fusion as it's a drive emulator.
I have one connected to my wii and it boots the gamecube game I have tested atleast. Don't know how it will work with USB loaders though.

Ashen said:
Now follow through with what you start! ;)
That's right, don't be like Feb, sitting on a pile of 10 Xboxen and doing nothing.

ttsgeb said:
Ashen said:
Now follow through with what you start! ;)
That's right, don't be like Feb, sitting on a pile of 10 Xboxen and doing nothing.

Lol, you'll get it done one day!

Little update; kinda. I found this cool metallic coloured gba case: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 230wt_1398

Also I think I might want to build a CNC Machine to make these upcoming projects even better! So more on that idea soon.

CNC would be sweet! Especially considering all the filling, sanding, and drilling that is required with frankencasing. I'm trying to get into 3D printing as well!

Josh Moddz said:
CNC would be sweet! Especially considering all the filling, sanding, and drilling that is required with frankencasing. I'm trying to get into 3D printing as well!

Exactly! But I was thinking of making a 3D Printer, but correct me if I'm wrong. If the machine isn't top notch; and when I say this I mean not like a $500-700 printer, more like a couple grand, you can kind of see all of the layers or a bunch of lines. So you kind of need a really expensive 3D printer for the end product to look like a solid piece, correct?

Back