BMO!!! (Plug n Play NES Portable)

Pyrze4132

So! After about six months of off again/on again work, I've finally completed my first project: a portable game console inspired by BMO from Adventure Time.

PLidc1e.jpg

rZfEl18.jpg

ypmRy3a.jpg

viW5lAg.jpg

Here's the specs of the system:

-Portable 100-in-1 Famiclone game console
-7.4v 2200mah li-ion battery pack
-3.5" ebay screen
-LP-70P case from polycase
-Custom Cutting/Paint Job (I just want to remind everyone that this indeed my first time spray painting... and cutting a case... yes, I am fully aware there are flaws...)
-Dynex mono audio amp
-Psone screen speaker (I know they're not that great, but I already had a couple on me, so...)
-7805 regulator with heatsink
-Controller is made up of an Nes D-Pad, a SNES Green Button, an Atari Plug n Play Red Button, an Intellivision Plug n Play Triangle Button (took me forever to find), and a tact switch for the start button

To be honest, I'm still surprised I actually finished something. I wouldn't have been able to do this if it wasn't for the truckload of information here. I have to thank everyone who contributed to this massive forum, you know who you are. ;)

Also, I'm still considering whether or not to make a little plexiglass cutout that you can place in front of the screen, effectively being able to draw a face on BMO like a whiteboard. I got that idea from SHIFT's BMO mod over on instructables.

Excellent work for a first, holes are well filed and all, the painting looks pretty good to me, and it's got a style of its own.

Thank you guys so much!

And yes, I suppose I have gotten a little, "addicted" to modding, because at the moment, I'm already planning my next few projects. I haven't exactly worked out the details yet, but you can expect another update from me in the future.

Back