Basement_Modder's workshop of modesty-remodeling!!!1!

Basement_Modder

He who mods in thy basement.
I moved the shelf unit accross the room, after pushing some boxes of family photos and other worthless crap out of the way. :p

7bb4fac8.jpg

1975da46.jpg

17928bc3.jpg

2f6fbd3b.jpg

abcb1146.jpg

The table is just an old (awesomely painted) closet door on sawhorses. I'm going to put up another one soon on the 4th wall (table, wierd stacks of boxes, shelves with TV, future table. aka the wall I had my back to in every picture. It's just boxes right now.
My shelves are as follows:
top-b&w tv imma use for pong machiene
3rd- good panasonic tv for testing stuff. Used to be in my room, but I don't watch tv in there anyway. I'll buy a replacement room tv soon.
2nd-"current portable" dividers. Has labeled slot for mobo, batteries, screen, case, etc. Currently housing micro 64.
Bottom- 4 eMate apple notebooks, 2 working, and a shoebox I usually keep my mods in that I transport to my room. (shhhhhhhh...)

I'm also gonna add a mini-fridge for dr. Pepper and mountain dew. A rug would be nice for my cold feet, and may throw some panneling back up where the old owners had it to cover up mold/ carpenter ants (assholes), which have since been taken care of. The panneling is still down there, behind the boxes. ;)

it has one light bulb on a pull-chain, which I put a 2-outlet adapter in for my work light over my table, so the chain turns them both on. I still haves free outlet on it, and my light was only $8 at walmart. I will buy another for the new table.

I also have a work table in the garage for bondo work/ other smelly things. :awesome:

I think this would be better put in a "show your workspace" thread. Not much was accomplished accept move a table. If you have a fort like ss or mt then I understand it in the news thread, but this isnt even good.

Well, my first post was the most important part being done, it could've been considered finished at that point.

But anything like that is always being worked on, improved.

You are finished once you met your goal.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Well, my first post was the most important part being done, it could've been considered finished at that point.

But anything like that is always being worked on, improved.

You are finished once you met your goal.

SS
An engineer's work is never done.

added table, light, and cable! (no pics of cable, tho.)

28a27f03.jpg

for case ideas:
6a284982.jpg

d62fd371.jpg

let there be light!
ffff695a.jpg

it's plugged into the other light. All 3 turn on at once. Yay me! :p
5c8919c8.jpg

the story with the light is that I needed a cheap solution, so I took a construction light I had left over, then spliced an old playstation AC cable and clamped the wires in the screws. (AC is nonpolar, so it didn't matter which one.) then I took my cutters and snipped a small notch in the plastic light frame for the cord to go through, and screwed the light to a stud. (after hot gluing the AC cord in place inside the light.)

it's the most not-to-code thing I've ever done to my house. XD

the cord is routed like this:
210792df.jpg

Back