Animal Crossfire

Hello everyone, I am beginning to make my first portable :tophat: (Im not a noob at soldering). This Gamecube is going to be animal crossing themed. That is by far the best game on Gamecube, other than Chibi Robo. :mrgreen: . I am totally fine with all the criticism you can give me, i build off that stuff you know :D. I had a Rev C board, and fried it :D. That was a sad, sad day. Now i have a Rev A board i got from gamestop, a week before they stopped selling gamecubes :D. The case i am using is a radioshack case, that is similar to the ZN-45, but a bit bigger, cuz i am pretty new to portableizing. I have a 3.5 inch screen, and the case i am using, already has the buttons and analog stick mounts abs'd in. Any critism would be appreciated. I am wondering also, what would be the best motherboard cut i should do, if at all, because of my new-ness to portableizing. Thanks :D

Are you using the biggest RatShack project box? If you are, that's the same case I used for my LCube! :D
6Ll4h.jpg

As for trimming, you can fit the board in without cutting it at all. The triggers might be tricky depending on how you do them though.

Thats exactly what im using :D. Did you use the standard triggers, or other ones, i am thinking about using the xbox 360 triggers, instead. And how did you mount your buttons on yours. It seems complex, but i dont know.

I'm going to upload pics of my hacked up case...soon :D and Noah the triggers i am going to use will fit perfect, cuz of a mod i did to the case.

FLAX!!!!!! FLAX FLAX FLAX! ok.. My damned xbox triggers have a problem, the first one came off well, the second.., well the potentiometer broke 1 of the pins, and i cant see it. Anyone have any ideas? Pics -
FAILview2.jpg
FAIL.jpg

I just did the two tact method, glued the trigger piece onto a piece of plastic, and then mounted it into the case via hot glue. I've got my GC open for repairs at the moment (waiting on a new controller) if you'd like, I can take pictures of the triggers.

Seems thicker. Did you add anything onto it? Also, where are the controls going to fit on there? :p

I added a little spacer, because of the dvd drive being a little too thick. The controls are going to go on the front side of the case, but i didnt show that, because of all the plastic dust from sanding it down. ;)

If you take the outer casing off of the disc drive, it fits beautifully, plus it gives you extra room in the case. ;)

I did that just now, it looks and saves so much space :D. Im starting to wire up everything to my new rev A board :D. I cant wait to play this thing :).

well, wtf. I turned it on after connecting the TV to the regulator, and it just makes a whizzing sound. and the power led doesnt come on, and the tv doesnt do anything. Anything?

Wait, you connected the TV to the regulator? Explain that a little better if you could please.

Ok, i looked up a pinout to my regulator, and found the GND and 12v pins, i soldered the 12V pin of the tv to the 12V of the regulator. Then i soldered the GND of the tv to the GND of the regulator. And the regulator just whizzes, the TV doesnt respond.

By TV do you mean your screen? And you shouldn't pull 12v from the regulator. Pull it from your batteries or wall adapter, depending on if you're using batteries or not.

Well, this isnt much of an update, but you know :D. I just got a new cube, a Rev C, i think it will be alot easier and save space (not to point fingers....STUPID FLAX REGULATOR) time to tear this baby apart :p.

well 3 hours later... I LEARNED I CAN CUT THROUGHT METAL WITH A DREMEL :oops: :oops: :awesome: i just got this baby torn apart. Probably not much more progress till tomorrow. :wtf:

Back