Alright, I'm confused.

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
In the SNES section, it tells you to wire all of the switches and things to the PC board. But later, it says to cut the PC board, and then wire it.

What one should I follow? I assume that I should follow the one that says to cut it first, but I just want to be sure. I really don't want to mess this up.

I don't really understand what you mean by cutting anything. You never have to cut anything while wiring switches. Also, I haven't doen the SNES so, this might be true here. But, could you please explain more on what you are trying to do.

Thanks

In the book, in the section, "Making Your SNES Portable," it tells you how to make a controller by soldering tact switches, and wiring them to resistors, etc. But later, in the "Making a Portable Super Nintendo by Hand" section, it says to cut the PC board in two, and then wire each piece very differently than it said, before.

I haven't done either, because I want to know which one I should really do. I think I should do the cut one, because it then explains how to put it in the case, so, yeah. I still need confirmation, though.

Yes, it should apply to the SNES. You just solder four wires to the SNES controller D-pad one wire per tact switch and then solder the ground to all the tact switches.

Just do what the book says, but if ya can't follow the pictures this will help you.
2s7whsg.png

Any more questions ask.

Well, that's for the main controller, but that's not what you're supposed to do in the SNES project.

Back