Ahem, need to trim the screen a wee bit?

zeturi

DEMON PIE!
If you look at a psone screen's mobo from the front, with the lcd facing you, there is a 100 uf 16v cap and a resistor on the left side. I was wondering, it looks like they're used with the audio amp.

My question is, if I were to only use this screen for the vidya, and not audio, could I remove said caps and resistor? I just need someone to confirm what they're used for so I can cut'em off! :twisted:

Hmph. No help for teh pumpkin? Well, I removed the cap and resistor and it still works fine. I'm only testing for video though, not audio. I'm going to go ahead and slice this part of the board off and see if it still works.

Curses. Worked when I removed the cap and resistor, but when I cut off that section of the board (as well as part of the side with the audio amp) it won't. I tried using the +5v trick, and tried bypassing the pins up front and connected my system to alternate soldering points.

The screen will come on, but no picture. Just a blank screen. I will try to figure this out, it might be fixed by bypassing the fuse. It just doesn't seem power related, to me, but... I guess it won't hurt to try.

And yeah, I know double-posting is against the rules, but I've never heard anything about triple posting! :p

I'm certain you simply cut traces that need to be rewired. Check and see.

There are 2 traces on that side: GND and some voltage. You must rewire both. For some reason Sony dicided to have only one GND connection between the bottom and top half of the board.

I'm so confused. Here's some pics of my board.
48911078.jpg

51f3ade6.jpg

09a7738f.jpg

bdb5e011.jpg

Can someone point out to me exactly what I need to solder to fix this? I am more of a visual learner, instructions alone are not enough. :oops:

I promise if that if you guys can help me get this working, I'll post a work log for the portable I'm using it with. I swears it.

Desperation bump. C'mon guys, I've already cement in the screen's casing, so there's no going back now.

Do you have a second working screen? That'd make things easier.

Either way, check that you get ground everywhere you should.

Back